Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hardin County Fair 2012: Day One (Heat & Umbrellas Order Of The Day)


Day One.

As far as first days go, it could have been better, weather wise, but it was still pretty good. The showers which fell at a couple of different points throughout the day didn’t seem to dissuade people from coming out though I am sure the numbers tomorrow will tell a different story. For my money there were quite a few people out there.



At any rate, there’s usually a bit of activity on the first day. The fair officially opens and many of ag-still projects are judged on the first day. I am pleased to report that the two pictures I entered won in their classes.


This photo was entered in the 2012 Hardin County Fair pictures contest where it took second. I took it on the back of Joe Kearns wagon on Draft Horse day. It was beaten out by a really good pic of a young exhibitor sleeping next to his dairy feeder.


 This second photo won it’s class. It was entered in the Hardin County Fair special which included scenes from around Hardin County. I took it several years ago during a barn raising on County Road 180. This particular barn raising happened several weeks after the original barn caught fire and they all turned out to build another one. This barn was finished in the same day and is one of my favorite shots. The fact that it won took me by surprise considering the shear number of photos that are entered each year. So I was pleased.


 Like I said, the rain came and went several times, but it held off for the King and Queen contest and the High School Band show so that was nice. Natalie Molk from Kenton and Austin Eibling from Upper Scioto Valley were named the fair king and queen so a good luck to them this week.
Tomorrow I will not be able to make it to the grounds until later in the day so I may not have as much to talk about then but I’ll let you know tomorrow what happens so…



Stay tuned.

1 comment: