Sunday, October 21, 2012

It's been awhile.


As I looked over it I noticed that it’s been well over a month since I last posted anything here. I haven’t died (or been fired, contrary to popular belief) but I have had so much work to do in the last month, that when I would stop a minute to try to think about what to write about, I wouldn’t be able to because, mentally, I have been spent.

Boomer understands all too well.
It’s been a busy month. To top it all off, I have a major project at Findlay that I need to complete in the next few weeks. It’s an assessment project designed to showcase, and apply, most of what I’ve learned in the last couple of years. The bitch, is that I haven’t been able to devote as much time to it as I would like to, so in the next week or so, I’m going to dig in a bit and see what I can come up with.

Tell you the truth; I’m not certain how that’s going to work out. The faculty at the University, who reviews these things, all seems to have differing views as to how they should be compiled, or rather, the majority of the faculty, and one other member seem to have differing views. Given the fact that she is my advisor (not on this project, but in general) and seems to always put herself in a position to determine the eventual outcome on these things, I really don’t know what to expect, other than it’s going to suck.

Dad showing one of the kids the ropes, so to speak.
Any rate, today was a pretty good day all considered. The weather was nice, and we took the teams out for the Soil & Water Conservation District Forestry Field Day. Basically, we offer hay wagon rides through the woods and a forester gives a quick talk about how to maintain your forest if you should have one. It’s not a major event, but it always brings out a crowd. There’s also a cookout, cider, wood carvings, and other kids games so it’s a great fall event, and the weather today was perfect.


Hitching, transporting, and driving draft horses isn’t easy, so when I got back I had a moment to relax a bit.

This week is going to be long, much like last week, but hopefully I’ll make some progress on my work. I’ll try not to take as long to write next time, and hopefully then I’ll have more to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment